Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thirty Flirty and Thriving!



I turned 30 on Friday.  Darin tried really hard-and succeeded in making it a special day.  I'm not gonna lie, I've had a string of not so great birthdays so it was great.  Last year Darin was in the hospital with kidney stones if that gives you any idea.  I get some fun presents like




his old camera with a new lens (I made that camera strap isn't it cute!) and some soup bowls that are so gorgeous I can't wait to use them.  Ivy and I also went and had lunch with Darin at Greenies AND Darin came home early from work.  Ahh what a sweet guy. 
Darin's sister Ellayne has her birthday on the 22nd, mine and Rob (Ellayne's husband) have our birthday on the 30th, then Darin and his brother Rich have birthdays on November 10th and 11th.  So we also had a little party with just adults at our house.  It was nice to not have a bazillion kids running around and then everyone have to leave at 8 so those bazillion kids can go to bed.  We had some yummy food, chatted, and played a few games.  What a perfect, low key way to have a birthday.  Thanks to everyone for making me feel so special and loved!  Its because of such loving friends and family that I feel so great about being *ugh* thirty!

2 comments:

Stacey B. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (sorry it's late!). I know what you mean about 30. It even feels weird for me to say that I'm 30. It's like I'm getting old or something. I'm glad you had a great day!

Stacey B. said...

by the way, I finally posted pictures of my girls in the dresses you made, so check out my blog!