Monday, December 22, 2008

Jenn's checkup

Its that time of year when you take a look at things and realize Hey, I've met my insurance deductible is there anything else I need to get taken care of?! Well I figured I should have surgery. Not a fun thing to do at the end of the year, but it had been a couple of years since my last laprascopy so I had to get checked for cysts. Of course there were a couple of them growing and also some other things going on so I got it taken care of. Ivy and I drove over to Portland and I left her there with my parents while I flew to Denver to have my surgery. It was a quick trip, and I had some great help while I was there. It was actually the best surgery I have had as far as waking up from anesthesia and that kind of thing. So I am glad I had it taken care of. Next up is our third and final round of IVF. Hopefully we will be able to have a brother and/0r a sister for Ivy! Ivy had a marvelous time with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Cory. I'm feeling pretty good these days and am thankful for really good insurance and really good doctors. Hopefully it will be another couple of years before I have to do it again though.

3 comments:

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen, Ava and Cate said...

Jenn,

Those were great pictures! I know you must hear it often, but I can't believe how much Ivy is growing; she looks so beautiful and exactly like you. :-)

Hooray that your surgery went well too. I will be sending my prayers for IVF. I know how interesting that can be. Give me a call if you want to take your mind off things during the eternal two week waiting period. ;-)

Merry Christmas!

Love, Michelle Conrad Bronwen & Ava

Stacey B. said...

For lack of a better term.... it just sucks that you have to go through all that! You are a strong woman and I truly admire you. Good luck with IVF and I will be praying hard for you guys.

Andrae said...

You are just so amazing! I am so glad your surgery went so well. Our prayers are with y'all and that all will go well with the IVF!!